SSWAN Engagement Committee Webpage
- Identify and educate relevant stakeholders as a means to secure school social work roles within the District, State, Federal and Legislative Arenas
- Promote and provide educational opportunities for SSWAN members and other professionals
- Increase visibility of the school social work profession by pursuing opportunities for SSWAN members to present at local and regional conferences and publish in professional journals.
- Coordinate promotion of SSWAN’s annual School Social Worker of the Year Award
- Produce and distribute SSWAN publicity materials, including power point presentation and brochure, outlining the value of the school social work profession and benefits of SSWAN membership
- Support SSWAN’s organizational capacity to serve members through enhanced internal communication and ongoing website development.
Goals for 2018-2019
- We will increase engagement opportunities for members.
- We will provide educational opportunities for members.
- We will use various avenues to recognize SSWs.
Committee Head and Contact Info
For more information or to become involved with the SSWAAN Engagement Committee, please contact:
- Whitney Brown, email@example.com
- Carrie Erks, firstname.lastname@example.org