One way SSWAN promotes educational training is through an annual statewide conference open to social workers, therapists, counselors and any other helping professions. This conference typically takes place in the spring. The Conference Committee plans and organizes this conference each year.
Committee responsibilities include:
1. Identifying a topic relevant to the growth of school social workers.
2. Identifying and contracting speakers to help present the identified topic.
3. Securing a facility to accommodate the conference.
4. Selecting reasonably priced breakfast and lunch options for conference day.
5. Creating conference brochures and registration forms.
6. Promoting conference through Save the Date emails/flyers and social media.
7. Producing CEU certificates when applicable.
8. Creating conference evaluation forms and reviewing completed forms after the conference.